Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

There are some things worse than chronic illness...

Sometimes it is hard to see past the myopic view of chronic illness.  Your mind is consumed by the daily pain, grief over things in your life you have lost, obsessing over the things you can no longer do...sometimes it is hard to see beyond your own isolated world.  Today, however, I had the chance to participate in a training for a ministry that I really have a heart for.  And it reminded me (something I need to be reminded of sometimes) that I really am blessed in my life.  And though Cushing's disease brings with it many struggles and heartaches, there are many worse things in life than having to deal with chronic illness.
 
So I resolve tomorrow to remember all the things I have to be thankful for, and instead of focusing on pain, I will be thankful that the fact that I feel pain means I am alive and conscious and aware.  Instead of thinking about what I have lost in life, I will think of all the people that were brought into my life and been a huge blessing to me because of this illness.  Instead of harping on the things I can not do, I will be thankful for the numerous things I CAN do!  And I will pray that other people going through hard times in life can be as truly blessed as I really am!

So while Cushing's bites, and I CAN'T WAIT for my cure, there are worse things.

No comments:

Post a Comment