Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

My Anniversary

I missed Day 6 for the Cushie Blogger Challenge, but day 7 is very important to me.  4 years ago today on April 7th, 2010 I had the first surgery I would have to try and cure Cushing's for me; an endonasal transsphenoidal pituitary tumor removal.  It is a lot of fancy words for brain surgery.  A neurosurgeon went in through my nose, opened up the bottom of my skull, and took out a tumor and part of my pituitary gland.  I felt better for a little while after that surgery, but it wasn't long before we knew it hadn't been a cure for me.  Hopefully this next surgery we are planning for will be the cure I have desperately been longing for.  Until then I will celebrate my anniversary, it was a major step on my journey back to health!

No comments:

Post a Comment