Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The last two years...

I have decided to accept a challenge to blog for 30 days straight about health, illness and the impact these issues have had on my life personally. So when I logged into my blog and realized it had been almost two years since I had written anything I was pretty sure that I was not going to make it a whole 30 days. But I am determined to give it a shot.

I have spent the last two years fighting Cushing's Disease. On April 7th, 2010 I had Pituitary surgery to remove a tumor causing Cushing's disease. I had high hopes that this would be a one shot cure for me, but like so many other things in my life this hasn't worked out quite like I planned. Two years later I am testing for Cushing's again, and I am just as bad off as before. Except, because of my illness I met the love of my life and his wonderful daughter. And when I thought I would never have things like marriage and children in my life I am now a mother to a beautiful young lady and I am planning a wedding.

I can't promise that this will be the most interesting or witty blog; or that I will have amazing life changing insights, but I encourage you to take this journey with me for 30 days in April as I attempt to bring awareness to Cushing's Disease in particular and illness in young adults in general.

For more information on Cushing's Disease visit: http://www.cushings-help.com/
For more information on cancer in young adults visit: http://www.masskickers.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment